clubs: razzmatazz

Get rowdy. Get lost. Get home in a taxi.

If you have no problem with those things above, Razzmatazz is probably the best club in Barcelona.

I think I read somewhere that it has a capacity of 72 million people, but I’m pretty sure its more like 74 million give or take the odd half milly. Okay so its not that big, but it is big. Barcelona’s answer to Fabric, apart from here all the pill heads are in one room.

I think every room is Electronic music of some kind apart from the main room in the front, here they play all the songs you hate to love Kings of Leon, MGMT, et al. Sometimes in the main room they have decent live concerts like The Foals, but most of the time its just shit Italian musicians singing about girls named Gloria and pepperoni. This is also the room where you can expect to lose half your crew.

Otherwise head up to ‘The Loft’. Here you can find some serious electronic action and maybe some casual endorphin releasing. Boys Noize, Crookers, MSTRKRFT, and Tiga have all graced the loft’s decks in the past months.

Then there is ‘Lolita’ a room that usually has banging DJ’s and a few people at the front dancing like they haven’t got a choice, sometimes I’m one of those people.

I don’t really frequent the other two rooms, so I’ll just pretend they don’t exist.

This place will cost you 15 of your finest euros for entry and make sure you don’t throw that receipt away. That piece of paper is a drink right there and I recommend taking a vodka redbull, you’ll need the energy.

I think you can get a ticket during the day from FNAC in Plaza Catalunya for 12 euros if the pennies are tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment